SA WATER VACSWIM 2018
SA Water VACSWIM is an SA Government supported initiative that provides primary school aged children with opportunities to develop a range of skills and positive experiences in the areas of water safety, confidence and competence in the water, personal survival activities and basic aquatic emergency procedures. Since the 1950's the SA Water VACSWIM experience has become a rite of passage for generations of South Australian families, and makes a significant contribution to the safety of our waters.
Program providers (such as Surf Life Saving SA) run SA Water VACSWIM-endorsed programs at beaches, pools and lakes throughout South Australia.
Surf Life Saving SA delivers the "Surf and Survive" program at 40 beaches and open water sites across the state, employing over 200 young people and teaching vital safety skills to over 4000 participants.
More information: visit the SA WATER VACSWIM website.
ENROLMENTS - NOW OPEN!
AGE GROUPS & PRICE
- 5 to 13 years (government funded) Stages 1-9 $47.00, Stage 10 $67.00
- 14 to 17 years (none government funded) Stage 9 $57.00, Stage 10 $77.00
LOCATIONS & DATES
- Click HERE for a full list of locations and dates available
- We offer the "SURF & SURVIVE" program.
- 5 Day Program (selected sites only), Stages 1-9, 60 minute lessons. Stage 10, 120 minute lessons.
- 7 Day Program, Stages 1-9, 45 minute lessons. Stage 10, 90 minute lessons.
- Participants who complete Stage 10 and are 13 years of age, can choose to take their Surf Rescue Certificate outside of the Vacswim program. This will incur an additional assessment fee and can be arranged directly through SLSSA. A training manual is recommended to help complete the mandatory workbook. The SRC is an essential minimum qualification for those seeking Vacswim employment and must be updated annually.
- To select your SA WATER VACSWIM location & register your child online, CLICK HERE.
- Please note: bookings must be paid for at the time of registration by credit card. If you do not have a credit card, contact us to obtain a copy of the postal enrolment form.
Online and postal enrolments close 5pm Monday 18 December 2017.
EMPLOYMENT - NOW OPEN!
- To register for employment, CLICK HERE, or download an application form HERE.
- See RATES OF PAY for each position.
- See required QUALIFICATIONS for each position.
- See list of training upskill dates for the Surf Rescue Certificate.
- See position description for each position.
- Instructor in Charge
- Assistant Instructor
- Policies & Procedures
- Surf Life Saving Australia Member Protection Policy (including codes of conduct)
- SLSSA Workplace Behaviour - Harassment, Bullying and Discrimination Policy
- SLSSA Code of Conduct Policy
- SLSSA Grievance and Dispute Settlement Policy
- SLSSA Disciplinary Policy and Procedures
- SLSSA Media Policy
- SLSSA Social Media Policy
- SLSSA Confidentiality Policy
- SLSSA Information Technology Policy
- SLSSA Cyber Bullying Policy
Please contact the VACSWIM TEAM at VACSwim@surflifesavingsa.com.au or 08 8354 6996 for further information.