Surf Life Saving SA invites members of all abilities to attend a Surfcom Orientation and Open Night to learn more about this critical component of the Emergency Operations Group that facilitates and coordinates a number of functions on behalf of SLSSA frontline members and services.
These evenings are primarily aimed at potential and existing members who fulfil rostered club days in Surfcom and those who have an interest in learning more about a lifesaving pathway in the Surfcom Emergency Operations Group. The sessions will focus on:
- The role and functions of Surfcom
- How to run Surfcom during club rostered days
- Updated Surfcom procedures starting from 2016/2017 season
- Incident management in Surfcom, including demonstrations of the incident system
- The technology used by Surfcom, including the Surfcom Management System and how to operate the computer based radio consoles.
There are two sessions available — Wednesday 5th October and Thursday 6th October at State Centre, beginning at 6.30pm.