A new initiative launched in 2017 by Surf Life Saving SA to involve community members in aquatic & fitness activities through education & skills training with the ultimate goal to increase participation, independence and well-being of older South Australians.
- Surf Safety & Education (practical & theory)
- Gentle Fitness Sessions
- CPR & First Aid
- Henley Beach Surf Life Saving Club
- South Port Surf Life Saving Club
Community Fitness & Surf Education Sessions - Supporting our Ageing Community to improve the physical & mental health outcomes for participants.
- Social & fitness opportunity whilst improving coastal safety literacy and increasing bonds between lifesavers and the community
- Increase participation, independence and well-being of older South Australians
- Increased public safety at SA beaches
- Improved physical & mental health outcomes for participants
- Increased access to safe & affordable fitness activities at the beach
- Improved social connection for marginalised community members
- Increased diversity in participants in Surf Life Saving
- Henley Beach SLSC Friday 16th, Monday 19th & Tuesday 20th March 2018
- South Port SLSC Wednesday 14th, 21st & 28th March 2018
$50 for 3 day program
Enrolments open 1st December 2017
Complimentary refreshments & sweet treats will be provided after each session, so please stick around for a chat over a coffee and make some new friends.
For more information on Surf Seniors contact
Lee Dalzell Participation & Community Programs Officer at Surf Life Saving SA on (08) 8354 6900