Australian records have fallen thick and fast on day one of the 2018 National and Interstate Pool Rescue Championships held at the South Australia Aquatic and Leisure Centre.
South Australian locals have taken a quarter of the records in the world-class swimming centre which is described as a fast pool, competitors managed to knock over 20 Australian records in the first day of competition.
Surf Life Saving Australia Event Manager, Tony Henderson, was very pleased with the first day of competition.
“The strong rate of records falling today sets Australia up to be a force to be reckoned with come November for the World Life Saving Championships.
“Our athletes appear to be peaking at the just the right time.”
Competition will recommence at 8:30am tomorrow morning with the super lifesaver, mannikin tow and patient tow.
2018 Australian Pool Rescue Championships
03-Aug-18 to 05-Aug-18 - Australian – Records
1. Men 12 100 Obstacle Race Opens 1:01.98 03-Aug-18 Mitchell Morris – Newport SLSC
2. Men 65-69 100 Obstacle Race Masters 1:20.86 03-Aug-18 John Ellice-Flint – Henley SLSC
3. Men 60-64 100 Obstacle Race Masters 1:08.01 03-Aug-18 Stephen Fry – Northcliffe SLSC
4. Women 60-64 100 Obstacle Race Masters 1:26.75 03-Aug-18 Deb Wareing – West Beach SLSC
5. Men 50-54 200 Obstacle Race Masters 2:18.90 03-Aug-18 Paul Lemmon – Terrigal SLSC
6. Men 30-34 200 Obstacle Race Masters 2:21.01 03-Aug-18 James Callaghan – Tweed Heads & Coolangatta SLSC
7. Women 45-49 200 Obstacle Race Masters 2:31.79 03-Aug-18 Josephine Varney – West Beach SLSC
8. Women 30-34 200 Obstacle Race Masters 2:31.85 03-Aug-18 Alicia Anderson – North Cottesloe SLSC
9. Men 13 200 Obstacle Race Opens 2:09.89 03-Aug-18 Matthew Magnussen – Metropolitan Caloundra SLSC
10. Men 14 200 Obstacle Race Opens 2:04.42 03-Aug-18 Tupou Chong Sue – Fremantle SLSC
11. Women 15-16 200 Obstacle Race Opens 2:07.51 03-Aug-18 Lani Pallister - Alex Headland SLSC
12. Men 17-18 200 Obstacle Race Opens 1:59.65 03-Aug-18 Brendon Smith – Half Moon Bay SLSC
13. Men 11-12 4x50 Obstacle Relay Opens 1:59.70 03-Aug-18 Newport SLSC – Newp B Clues, J Morris, L Melbourn, M Morris
14. Men 13-14 4x50 Obstacle Relay Opens 1:52.36 03-Aug-18 Maroochydore SLSC – MDRE J McMeniman, O Monaghan, F Toon, S Williams
15. Women 15-18 4x50 Obstacle Relay Opens 1:58.63 03-Aug-18 Umina SLSC – Umina K Holmes,
B Smith, J Smith, r Wood
16. Women Open 4x50 Obstacle Relay Opens 1:55.30 03-Aug-18 Currumbin Beach Vikings SLSC – CURR C Gillett, R Eddy, P Davies, N Peat
17. Men 11 2x10 Line Throw Relay Opens 13.06 03-Aug-18 Grange SLSC – Grang M Wandel, H Thompson
18. Men 60-69 2x12 Line Throw Relay Masters 19.70 03-Aug-18 West Beach SLSC – West D Hay, G Simpson
19. Men 50-59 2x12 Line Throw Relay Masters 13.46 03-Aug-18 Terrigal SLSC – Terrr J Purcell, P Lemmon
20. Women 50-59 2x12 Line Throw Relay Masters 25.67 03-Aug-18 West Beach SLSC – West S Beaver, D Wareing J Evans