Surf Life Saving SA presented the annual Awards of Excellence, Life Membership and Hall of Fame Inductions at the 2018 Red and Yellow Ball at the Adelaide Convention Centre on Saturday 18 August.
Congratulations to all of our Awards Winners and Inductees and a big thank you to all of the Clubs, Members, Staff and Sponsors who joined us for a great night celebrating an excellent year in Surf Life Saving.
2018 Life Members
- Ian Grant - Port Elliot SLSC
2018 Surf Life Saving SA Hall of Fame Inductees
- Dennis Conlin - Hall of Fame (Administration) - Grange SLSC West Beach SLSC
- Stewart Dyson - Hall of Fame (Surf Sport) - Christies Beach SLSC
- Brian "Bandy" Edwards - Hall of Fame (Surf Sport) - State Chaplain
- Gerry Cornelius - Hall of Fame (Surf Sport) - Brighton SLSC, Glenelg SLSC, Grange SLSC, Somerton SLSC.
- David Earl - Hall of Fame (Lifesaving) - Whyalla SLSC, Seacliff SLSC, Normanville SLSC, Hallet Cove SLSC, Glenelg SLSC, Somerton SLSC.
- Frederick Green - Hall of Fame (Surf Sport) - West Beach SLSC
- Bronte Edwards - Hall of Fame (Surf Sport) - Brighton SLSC
- Bill Gaynor - Hall of Fame (Surf Sport) - Grange Boat Crew 1983 - 1992
2018 Awards of Excellence Winners
- Surf Life Saver of The Year - Craig Hobart - Christies Beach SLSC
- Community Education Program of The Year - Sunedin Special School -Seacliff SLSC
- Coach of the Year - Brian ‘Bly’ Bayliss - Seacliff SLSC
- Official of the Year - Richard Crowe - Brighton SLSC
- Trainer of the Year - Ashley Clarke - Seacliff SLSC
- Assessor of the Year - Karen Wilmot - Seacliff SLSC
- Athlete of the Year - Calum Scrivens - Grange SLSC
- Nippers of the Year - Cody Oughton - Goolwa SLSC and Talia Vivar - Christies SLSC
- Nipper Parent of the Year - Jacinta Day - Seacliff SLSC
- Youth Surf Lifesaver of the Year - Tom May - Seacliff SLSC
- Volunteer of the Year - Peter Oborn - Henley SLSC
- Club of the Year - Seacliff SLSC
- Lifeguard of the Year - Anthony McPhail
- President’s Award - Raelene Donnell
- President's Award - Eddie Lee