The Senior Surf Sports event including Surf Boats scheduled for this Sunday at Goolwa SLSC has been moved to South Port SLSC due to safety concerns regarding forecasted weather and conditions.
The competition committee met this morning and was briefed by the Bureau of Meteorology. We also heard from our Water Safety Team and Surf Boat Referee.
Factors contributing to this decision included;
· This event is not a championship event with points for Clubs
· This event is a State Team selection event for Surf Boats and we need to ensure that they have the best opportunity to complete the event.
· The predicted water and wind conditions had the potential to be unsafe for our water cover teams.
· The predicted water and wind conditions had the potential to be unsafe for our less experienced competitors.
· This event was designed to be a short and fast event but weather conditions would have prevented that format and marshalling plan and the wind is predicted to pick up in the afternoon to hazardous levels at Goolwa and Middleton.
We apologise for any inconvenience or disappointment this may cause our competitors, please share this information with your networks that may be affected by this change. Please note this event will begin at 9am.