Last night 230 guests celebrated 65 years of Surf Life Saving in South Australia at the Red and Yellow Ball held at the Adelaide Convention Centre.
The glittering event was attended by; His Excellency Mr Hieu Van Le the Governor of South Australia and Mrs Van Le, Mr Stephen Marshall MP Leader of the South Australian Liberal Party, Katrine Hildyard MP representing Mr Jay Weatherill MP, Premier of South Australia, Mr Peter Malinauskas Minister for Emergency Services, Mr David Spiers MP and Dr Duncan McFetridge MP, Surf Life Saving Australia President Mr Graham Ford and Director of the Office of Recreation and Sport Ms Kylie Taylor.
Formal proceedings at the 2017 Red and Yellow Ball included the 2017 Awards of Excellence, Surf Life Saving SA Life Member Inductions and Surf Life Saving SA Hall of Fame Inductions.
Many of the winners of the Awards of Excellence will go on to be nominated for a national award at the Surf Life Saving Australia 2017 Awards of Excellence.
Congratulations to all of the 2017 Honourees:
- Official of the Year | Heather Thompson | Grange SLSC
- Coach of the Year | Charles Sheffield | Grange SLSC
- Athlete of the Year | Bronwynn Kemp | Grange SLSC
- Trainer of the Year | Roy Menner | Henley SLSC
- Assessor of the Year | Dennis Hay | West Beach SLSC
- Community Education Program of The Year | On The Same Wave | West Beach SLSC
- Nipper of the Year | Demi Bates | Grange SLSC
- Nipper of the Year | Maguire Reid | Port Noarlunga SLSC
- Nipper Parent of the Year | Ashley Clarke | Seacliff SLSC
- Lifeguard of the Year | Liam Clifford
- Rescues of the Year | Angus Miller, Angus Mackay & Lachlan Rothwell | Christies Beach SLSC Rescues of the Year | Natasha Tunney & Noelene Lee | Glenelg SLSC Rescues of the Year | Jess Scianlepore | North Haven SLSC
- Volunteer of the Year | Caroline Kearney | Grange SLSC
- Surf Life Saver of The Year | Neil Wilson | Moana SLSC
- Club of the Year | Goolwa SLSC
- President's Award | Brian Bandy Edwards & Karen Wilmot
- 2017 Life Member John Devitt South Port SLSC
- 2017 Life Member John Baker Brighton SLSC
- 2017 Life Member John Charles South Port SLSC
- 2017 Hall of Fame Inductees Wayne Thompson
- 2017 Hall of Fame Inductees Henley Rescue and Resuscitation Team
- 2017 Hall of Fame Inductees Paul Openshaw
- 2017 Hall of Fame Inductees Brighton Rescue and Resuscitation Team
- 2017 Hall of Fame Inductees Trevor Knight
- 2017 Hall of Fame Inductees Barry Hancock
- 2017 Hall of Fame Inductees John Fitzgerald
- 2017 Hall of Fame Inductees Donald Henderson