Surf Life Saving SA is excited to announce the new SLSSA Coaching Development Academy.
Surf Life Saving SA has identified Coach Development as a key priority for the 2017/18 season. The Coach Development Academy is designed for individuals aged between 18-25 years of age. The Coaching Development Academy will aim to develop and motivate continuous professional development for our emerging coaches.
Identified Coaches will complete the following courses as part of the Academy:
• Development or Performance Coaching Course
• ASADA Level One & Two Anti-Doping Courses
Identified Coaches will also have access to the following professional development opportunities:
• Additional courses and sessions through SLSA, SLSSA, ORS or other endorsed external bodies
• 1 on 1 mentoring with our Head State Coach and the State Discipline Specific Coaches
The following services will also be made available to the coaches, via the Surf Life Saving SA Youth Performance Academy which we run in conjunction with Flinders University. Coaches will have access to:
• Group nutrition session at Flinders University
• Strength & Conditioning sessions
• Leadership, bonding & mindfulness sessions
• Group sports psychology sessions at Flinders University
• Athlete training sessions conducted at Flinders Fitness One
• Athlete testing sessions including o Max VO2 testing
• Strength and Conditioning testing
• sub max testing
• All coaching ‘clinics’ and session run by visiting coaches
• Coaching sessions with State Teams and Youth Academy sessions
We encourage all clubs to endorse at least one member of each gender for this opportunity.
More information regarding the Academy and how to apply can be found on the Members Portal under circulars.