These evenings are primarily aimed at potential and existing members who fulfil rostered club days in Surfcom and those who have an interest in learning more about a lifesaving pathway in the Surfcom Emergency Operations Group. The sessions will focus on:
- The role and functions of Surfcom
- How to run Surfcom during club rostered days
- Updated Surfcom procedures starting from 2016/2017 season
- Incident management in Surfcom, including demonstrations of the incident system
- The technology used by Surfcom, including the Surfcom Management System and how to operate the computer based radio consoles.
There are two sessions available — Wednesday 5th October and Thursday 6th October at State Centre, beginning at 6.30pm.