SURF LIFE SAVING SA HIGH PERFORMANCE ACADEMY
Surf Life Saving South Australia (SLSSA) have collaborated with SAALC & Flinders University, specifically SHAPE Research Centre and One Fitness to improve Surf Life Saving elite athlete performance.
The program has been designed to achieve several primary objectives including:
- Recognise the past performances of HP athletes and provide them with ongoing assistance and support.
- Encourage and motivate existing and aspiring HP athletes to aim for constant improvement.
- To enhance the performances of SLSSA athletes at National competitions.
- Increase the number of SA athletes winning medals at Australian Surf Life Saving Championships.
- Increase the profile of Surf Sports athletes for personal, club and state benefit.
- To complement the coaching athletes receive at club level.
- To provide specialist training, education or services that may not be delivered at club level.
- To provide athletes with access to current sporting education, technology and facilities.
The program provides support to enhance not only the athlete’s daily training environment but also include components such as:
- Information and education on sports psychology, nutrition and hydration.
- All aspects of training and competition recovery.
- Access to support services to ensure athletes maintain a healthy, balanced life style.
- Planning training, post training, post racing, warm ups etc.
- Video analysis.
- Testing and measuring performance.
- Training Camp in SA or Interstate Events