Pool Lifeguard Update
The Pool Lifeguard course (SISSS00111) provides the skills, knowledge and judgement required to become a qualified Pool Lifeguard.
- The role of a Lifeguard
- Accident prevention
- Facility analysis and supervision
- Aquatic emergencies
- Lifeguarding skills and procedures
- Public relations and public education
- Swimming and leisure pool safety
- Lifeguarding and the Law
- Hold a current Pool Lifeguard Certificate
- Must be minimum of 16 years of age
- Hold a current Provide First Aid certificate (HLTAID003) - (proof of First Aid qualification must be prior to the commencement of the course)
Methods of Delivery and Course Duration
- Update Pool Lifeguard Course: 1 day face-to-face delivery and assessment
Update Course: $115 per person (GST exempt) Price includes professional instruction, all course materials and certification. $90 for surf life saving club members.