Provide First Aid HLTAID003
The Provide First Aid (formerly Senior or Apply First Aid) course aims to develop the knowledge and skills for a person to manage emergency first aid situations and deliver competent emergency care until the arrival of professional medical support.
A Provide First Aid certificate from Surf Life Saving SA provides quality training in first aid and will certify the participant to perform life support skills. The Provide First Aid course aligns to the National Guideline Standards for first aid.
By successfully completing this course, participants will receive the following units of competency:
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- Apply the principals of first aid
- Recognition and management of emergency situations
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Treatment of infection, shock, fractures, bleeding and burns
- Emergencies due to lack of oxygen, excess heat or cold
- Recognition and management of medical conditions that may need emergency care, including heart attack, stroke, asthma, diabetes and epilepsy
- Management of common medical emergencies
- Treatment of poisoning including venomous bites and stings
Methods of Delivery and Course Duration
Full Course: pre course online workbook and 1 day of face to face delivery and assessment
Update Course: 1 day of face to face delivery and assessment (no workbook required). Must provide evidence of current First Aid certificate prior to commencement.
- Full course: $170 per person (general public), $128 for YMCA Employees, $95 for SLSSA members. (GST exempt)