The Pool Lifeguard course (SISSS00111) provides the skills, knowledge and judgement required to become a qualified Pool Lifeguard.
- The role of a Lifeguard
- Accident prevention
- Facility analysis and supervision
- Aquatic emergencies
- Lifeguarding skills and procedures
- Public relations and public education
- Swimming and leisure pool safety
- Lifeguarding and the Law
- Must be minimum of 16 years of age
- Hold First Aid qualification (HLTAID003) - (proof of First Aid qualification must be prior to the commencement of the course)
Methods of Delivery and Course Duration
- Full Pool Lifeguard Course: pre-course workbook, and 2 days of face-to-face delivery and assessment (9am - 5pm Saturday and Sunday)
- Full Pool Lifeguard Course: $190 per person (GST exempt) Price includes professional instruction, all course materials and certification. $120 for surf life saving club members.